We have named this beautiful saddle for Icelandic horses Málmey. Named after the Icelandic island Málmey, this island is shaped like a saddle.
The Málmey has a smaller twist because of which the rider doesn’t have to sit as wide as with a regular saddle. Málmey’s cantle is slightly straighter, allowing the rider a more spacious feeling.
The knee rolls of Málmey are anatomically formed and are available in both small and larger sizes. Just like other saddles it is possible to order Velcro knee rolls (without a surcharge).
The flaps follow the shape of the knee roll, because of this the flap fits better onto the shape of the horse and allows the rider a better feeling of the horse’s movements.
When ordering the Málmey you can choose between a version with a mono-flap and a version with the standard double flaps.
Thanks to the ergonomic stirrup bar the rider’s legs will be more balanced, this makes riding the rising trot much easier for the rider.
Of course the saddle is flocked with first class sheep wool, and is provided with a lining.
- You can choose your desired colours.
- You can choose between mono or double flaps
- The stirrup leathers can either be secured over or under the flaps.
- Anatomic knee rolls.
- Ergonomically placed stirrup bar.
- The panels are flocked with first class sheep wool and are provided with a lining.
- Also available as a junior edition.